Online Workshop Entitled: Evaluating the Iraqi oil sector and its impact on the budget
On 6st of February 2021, the Research Center at Cihan University-Duhok held an online workshop from (Feb 6, 2021 to Feb 13, 2021) on the Zoom platform for three hours of each session entitled '' Evaluating the Iraqi oil sector and its impact on the budget '' in the presence of the university president, Prof. Dr. Zirvan Abdul-Mohsen Asaad, and hosted by the economist from Baghdad University, Dr. Safwan Qusay Abdel Halim, where the session included a large number of specialists in the economic sector from different universities and the discussion revolved around how to benefit from the oil wealth to advance the current economic reality and secure the rights of future generations through the following steps:
- Diversifying energy sources such as solar energy and benefiting from the experience of the Saudi Arabia.
- Activating a unified federal oil and gas law.
- The law of distributing financial resources and ensuring the rights of the Kurdistan region.
- Reducing public waste and limiting the phenomenon of corruption - Focusing on the dimensions of the oil sector from political interference.
- Opening a window for domestic and foreign investment in the oil sector.
- The Ministry of Oil sells oil stocks to the Iraqi individual through the financial market.
- Covering the financial deficit by investing in petrochemicals.
- Transparency in dealing with the budget formulation in a scientific, not discretionary, manner.
And many of the scientific proposals that contributed to the emergence of the session in the required scientific form.