The Research Center of Cihan University of Duhok held an online webinar entitled: Monkeypox, Leishmaniasis Between Diagnosis, Prevention and Control
On 9/6/2022. The Research Center of Cihan University of Duhok, in coordination with the Department of Medical Laboratory, held an online webinar on the Google Meet platform entitled “Monkeypox, Leishmaniasis Between Diagnosis, Prevention and Control” hosted by: -Assistant Professor Dr. Naglaa Fathy /Medical Research Institute at Alexandria University.
-Assistant Professor Dr. Mona Tolba/Medical Research Institute at Alexandria University. And in the presence of a number of specialists in the medical and biological field from different universities, where the following topic was discussed: Leishmaniasis or what is known as (Baghdad boil) This disease was discussed and a brief overview was given about its history, areas of its presence, causes and the insect responsible for its transmission.
- The symptoms of infection with it were also explained in detail and for each type of leishmaniasis.
- Modern methods of diagnosing this disease and the samples that most affected the result of the laboratory examination were also explained.
- In addition to explaining the method of diagnosis(oligochromatography) as it is the latest molecular methods in diagnosing the disease. -Dr.Mona Tolba touched the methods of prevention and reduction and treatment.
The second part of the webinar was: Monkeypox.
-The disease and the virus responsible for its appearance were explained, and the date and places of recording the first infections with this virus.
- Methods of transmission from animals to humans and how it was transmitted from one infected person to another, and what are the first symptoms that indicate infection With this disease.
- The differences between it and other viruses and the Covid-19 Virus.
-The possibility of turning into a pandemic, as happened with the Covid 19 Virus, was also discussed, in addition to the traditional and molecular laboratory diagnostic methods, prevention, treatment and vaccine.
The differences of its vaccines with other vaccines of this viral family were clarified.
-Finally, the workshop concluded with recommendations for dealing with the infected person and how to isolate and treat him.